In this three-day course, you will learn how to use basic FortiGate features, including security proﬁles. In interactive labs, you will explore ﬁrewall policies, user authentication, SSL VPN, dial-up IPsec VPN, and how to protect your network using security proﬁles such as IPS, antivirus, web ﬁltering, application control, and more. These administration fundamentals will provide you with a solid understanding of how to implement basic network security.
Networking and security professionals involved in the management, conﬁguration, administration, and monitoring of FortiGate devices used to secure their organizations’ networks. Participants should have a thorough understanding of all the topics covered in the FortiGate Security course before attending the FortiGate Infrastructure course.
Duration: 3 Days
- After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Deploy the appropriate operation mode for your network.
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration.
- Identify the characteristics of the Fortinet security fabric.
- Control network access to conﬁgured networks using ﬁrewall policies.
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT.
- Authenticate users using ﬁrewall policies.
- Understand encryption functions and certiﬁcates.
- Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traﬃc to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies.
- Conﬁgure security proﬁles to neutralize threats and misuse, including viruses, torrents, and inappropriate websites.
- Apply application control techniques to monitor and control network applications that might use standard or non-standard protocols and ports.
- Fight hacking and denial of service (DoS).
- Defend against data leaks by identifying ﬁles with sensitive data, and block them from leaving your private network.
- Oﬀer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network.
- Implement a dial-up IPsec VPN tunnel between FortiGate and FortiClient.
- Collect and interpret log entries.
- Knowledge of network protocols
- Basic understanding of ﬁrewall concepts
This course and the FortiGate Infrastructure course are intended to help participants prepare for the NSE 4 certiﬁcation exam.
Download the course outline here.