Duration: 5 days
Timing: every day from 9am to 5pm
Price: € 3330 excl. VAT
Registration: Click here to register
DataCore presents a five-day, SANsymphony Administration to DCIE Course. This course is designed to provide SAN storage administrators, partners and system builders with the tools, knowledge and practical experience to successfully plan, implement and manage a SAN environment in which DataCore software is used for storage management, virtualization and high availability.
The first 3 days consist of the full SANsymphony administration course, and the last 2 days consist of the full DCIE process.
At the end of this training, the student will be able to:
- Describe the DataCore SANsymphony product offerings
- Discuss High Availability considerations in a SAN environment
- Identify components of a SAN installation
- Develop an installation plan for a SAN environment
- Configure a SAN with DataCore Servers, disk arrays and Hosts
- Implement SANsymphony and exercise the full feature set.
- Test the SAN and monitor SAN traffic
- Install Hyperconverged Virtual SAN and configure new vdisks for use.
- Deploy the SAN and Software in accordance with current Best Practices
- Research the DataCore Support Database to access current product information and resolve problems
- Plan, document, implement and fully test the SANsymphony install according to the DCIE process
After completing these courses, you should be able to:
- Deploy the appropriate operation mode for your network.
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration.
- Identify the characteristics of the Fortinet security fabric.
- Control network access to configured networks using firewall policies.
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT.
- Authenticate users using firewall policies.
- Understand encryption functions and certificates.
- Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies.
- Configure security profiles to neutralize threats and misuse, including viruses, torrents, and inappropriate websites.
- Apply application control techniques to monitor and control network applications that might use standard or non-standard protocols and ports.
- Fight hacking and denial of service (DoS).
- Defend against data leaks by identifying files with sensitive data, and block them from leaving your private network.
- Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network.
- Implement a dial-up IPsec VPN tunnel between FortiGate and FortiClient.
- Collect and interpret log entries.
Who Should Attend
- SAN administrators, Partners or system builders or s responsible for planning, installation, and management of a DataCore SANsymphony solution and want to obtain DCIE certification.
- Knowledge of Windows 2008 R2 SP1 or Windows 2012 R2 from a system administration perspective.
- Familiarity with SAN and storage systems, basic FC and/or iSCSI, Disk Management, etc.
Exclusive Networks bvba
A. Stocletlaan 202
2570 Duffel (Antwerp)
This course is given by a certified DataCore trainer with several years of experience.