Reports to: Transformation Director Group
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to work closely with our Sales, Sales Ops & Product marketing teams to support our reseller partners.
The SE’s main mission will be to support the sales organization in all technical matters regarding pre-sales, sales calls, and post-sales for those partners.
The role has National/International coverage to support partners across North America, however, primarily Canada. This coverage includes Quebec, hence there is a bilingual requirement for the role.
While most of the support provided can be handled remotely, it is expected that a small degree of travel may be required to fulfill the requirements of this role.
- Pre-sales: assist in qualifying sales leads from a technical standpoint and providing technical guidance and support to partner technical resources
- Pre-sales: Organize regular sessions for partner representative to keep them informed of new products and features
- Sales calls: be the main technical resource on sales calls and answer/ educate the customer on issues ranging from features, specifications and functionality to integration
- Conversant with networking applications and solutions
- Post-sales: be the lead technical contact for identified accounts for technical issues and will work closely with the technical support team and engineering to answer, elevate and resolve customer’s technical issues
- Provide assistance to identified customers with post-sales training
- Travel : be available to travel as required to support Distribution and DMR events and activities (~25% travel)
Job Skills Required
- 3 – 5 years experience in technical/pre-sales support as a Sales or PreSales Security Expert
- 3 – 5 years experience in LAN/WAN/Internet services administration
- Strong understanding of DNS and NFS, SMTP, HTTP, TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network
- Security, Intrusion Detection, and Anti Virus
- Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, FIREWALL, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES
- Experience with encryption and authentication technologies required
- Strong presentation skills
- English and French fluency
College diploma/ Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Fulltime position, salary + bonus, health benefits, paid vacation, work from home role with laptop, lab gear, phone & Internet expenses covered.