Global specialist VAD for cybersecurity and cloud transformation beats 2017 target with 1.75bn€ revenues thanks to strong organic growth and bedding-in of acquisitions
PARIS, FRANCE – March 6th 2018 – Exclusive Group, the value-added services and technologies (VAST) group, has today announced its best financial results to date; firmly establishing it as one of the largest cyber and cloud transformation distributors in the world. Having achieved total sales figures for 2017 of 1.75bn€ (up 38% from 1.27bn€ in 2016), the Group is now established as the go-to VAD for cyber and cloud migration on a global scale.
“These results continue our record of doubling revenues every two years, and this has been possible through our unique value-centric model, the strength of our portfolio and our ability to convert and integrate strategic acquisition opportunities,” said Olivier Breittmayer, CEO of Exclusive Group. “Once again we are outperforming the market, with almost 40% year-on-year growth, and have invested significantly in services and scale to underline our position as the global specialist in cloud and cybersecurity transformation.”
Other financial highlights (2017):
- The results combine strong organic growth (16% YoY) with extra revenues coming from acquisitions made last year in Benelux (January, TechAccess) and the US (July, Fine Tec)
- BigTec has increased revenues to more than 200m€; addressing the runaway enterprise demand for cloud transformation on a global basis
- Exclusive Capital and ITEC Exclusive Global Services both continue to grow in line with their geographic expansion, engaging more partners to deliver premium-based services
- Seven of Exclusive Group’s global regions now have annual revenues in excess of 100m€. Of these, the UK is largest.
- Worldwide, Exclusive Group is now trading with 10% more reseller partners than in 2016. This reflects the increased importance of relationships with cross-border service providers and SIs.
“Over these last few years we have utterly disrupted the fast-growth, value-adding end of distribution by perfecting our approach to market penetration and acceleration,” added Breittmayer. “Now we seek to evolve our business to expand this success across the market, becoming even more relevant to high-volume transactions that demand optimum scale and fulfilment efficiency.”
Alastair Edwards, Chief Analyst at Canalys, commented: “As the complexity of the IT industry grows, distribution’s role at the centre of the channel becomes more, not less, critical. Yet with many of the largest global players in a state of consolidation, there is an increasing need for a specialist like Exclusive, which can offer scale and geographic reach, combined with a specialised solution portfolio and high levels of expertise, to support both channel partners and vendors. One of the biggest challenges facing the IT sector overall is a shortage of skills, particularly in security, hybrid IT and digital. Exclusive’s impressive growth demonstrates its success in meeting this need, as well as its aggressive acquisition strategy. Now, to achieve its ambitious goals, Exclusive needs to take the next step upwards in its evolution. This will require management focus and resolve, but if successful will elevate Exclusive to become a global force in cyber security and cloud transformation.”