Reports to: Channel Sales Director
The Channel Account Manager will be in charged of driving end to end process for achieving sales targets with Channel Partners.
The growth from this channel segment will be delivered through three main types of activities:
- Business enablement to help partners grow and expand by cross and up selling
- Plan, design and execute quarterly programs and promote adoption and success
- Marketing and demand generation to increase sales opportunities and strengthen the Partner relationship
The role will be measured based on successful execution of activities and initiatives resulting in increased bookings, gross margin and transactions from Channel.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Channel Account Manager is primarily responsible for Tier 1 focused partners strategy, planning, development, implementation, operationalization and execution of GTM actions Partners.
- Define, develop and managing the overall market GTM strategy based on Tier 1 partners – including enablement, programs and offers, marketing and demand generation with support from the various functional stakeholders for eg. Marketing, Services, Operations etc.
- Plan quarterly enablement networking event and ensure required number of attendance (new and repeated) to win mindshare and loyalty from partners.
- Plan, execute quarter programs and offers, set targets and establish metrics, communicating and ensuring successful program awareness and adoption through qualified leads, number so transactions, closing the sales and quarterly or half yearly business update/review with key partners.
- Ensure that the end-to-end operations process is smooth for partners and aligned with internal guidelines.
- Working proactively to ensure programs are operationally ready, presented to all key stakeholders for buy in and ready to be executed early within the quarter to achieve quarterly results.
- Drive healthy pipelines to include new and renewal business.
- Track and report performance of channels results, bookings, program initiatives and provideenhancement recommendations to adjust course on programs / initiatives as required.
- Actively engage vendor(s) together with product and marketing team to design relevant and effective programs, initiatives, training and/or enablement requirements for partners.
- Be the focus point for potential partners and carry out quarterly planning sessions– deciding on focused accounts, meetings and vendor introductions as well as any planning around possible marketing activities and campaigns.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience and demonstrated success in the IT Industry
- Strong preference in a sales and/or Business Development role
- Possessing marketing and program experience will be an advantage
- Working experience in a distribution under Channel Management role