Reports to: Transformation Director Group
The Head of Channel Sales directs and oversees the complete sales management of the Channel team in driving end to end process for achieving sales targets with Channel Partners. The direction of growth from this channel segment will be delivered through three main types of activities under the managing of the Head to the Channel team:
1) managing channel sales team and implementing channel strategy to drive incremental sales growth
2) business enablement to help partners grow and expand by cross and up selling
3) plan, design and execute quarterly programs and promote adoption and success
4) marketing and demand generation to increase sales opportunities and strengthen the Partner relationship.
The success of these deliverables will be measured based on successful execution of activities and initiatives resulting in increased bookings, gross margin and transactions from Channel.
Role & Responsibilities
- The Head of Channel Sales is primarily responsible for Tier 2 and key focused partners strategy, planning, development, implementation, operationalization and execution of GTM actions Partners.
- Define, develop and managing the overall market GTM strategy based on Tier 2 and key focused partners – including enablement, programs and offers, marketing and demand generation with support from the various functional stakeholders for eg. Marketing, Services, Operations etc
- Plan quarterly enablement networking event and ensure required number of attendance (new and repeated) to win mindshare and loyalty from partners
- Plan, execute quarter programs and offers, set targets and establish metrics, communicating and ensuring successful program awareness and adoption through qualified leads, number so transactions, closing the sales and quarterly or half yearly business update/review with key partners
- Ensure that the end-to-end operations process is smooth for partners and aligned with internal guidelines
- Monitoring closely and proactively to ensure Channel Sales Manager’s programs are operationally ready, presented to all key stakeholders for buy in and ready to be executed early within the quarter to achieve quarterly results
- Managing Channel Sales Managers to drive healthy pipelines to include new and renewal business
- Track Channel Sales Manager’s performance and reporting of channels results, bookings, program initiatives and provide enhancement recommendations to adjust course on programs / initiatives as required
- Actively engage vendor(s) together with product and marketing team to design relevant and effective programs, initiatives, training and/or enablement requirements for partners
- Be the focus point for potential partners. Carry out monthly planning sessions– deciding on new appointed partners, meetings and alignment of vendors’ strategy in marketing activities and campaigns.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience and demonstrated success in the managerial capacity in IT Industry
- Strong preference in a sales and/or Business Development role
- Possessing marketing and program experience will be an advantage
- Working experience in a distribution under Channel Management role