Reports to: Country Manager
The Sales Director directs and oversees the complete sales management of the product team in driving end to end process for achieving sales targets of the products assigned.
The direction of growth from this sales segment will be delivered through three main types of activities under the managing of the Sales Director:
- Managing product sales team and implementing go to market strategy to drive incremental sales growth
- Business enablement to grow and expand by cross and up selling solutions
- Plan, design and execute quarterly programs and promote adoption and success
- Marketing and demand generation to increase sales opportunities and strengthen Reseller and End-User relationship.
The success of these deliverables will be measured based on successful execution of activities and initiatives resulting in increased revenues, gross margin and transactions from product team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Sales Director is primarily responsible for end to end sales cycle management of reseller and end-user; as well as vendor relationship management.
- Define, develop and managing the overall market GTM strategy based key focused resellers –including enablement, programs and offers, marketing and demand generation with support from the various functional stakeholders for eg. Marketing, Services, Operations etc.
- Plan quarterly enablement networking event and ensure required number of attendance (new and repeated) to win mindshare and loyalty from resellers and end-users.
- Plan, execute quarter programs and offers, set targets and establish metrics, communicating and ensuring successful program awareness and adoption through qualified leads, number so transactions, closing the sales and quarterly or half yearly business update/review with key Resellers.
- Ensure that the end-to-end operations process is smooth for resellers and aligned with internal guidelines.
- Monitoring closely and proactively to ensure Product Manager’s programs are operationally ready, presented to all key stakeholders for buy in and ready to be executed early within the quarter to achieve quarterly results.
- Managing Product Managers and Business Development Managers to drive healthy pipelines to include new and renewal business.
- Track Product and Business Development Manager’s performance and reporting of sales results, bookings, program initiatives and provide enhancement recommendations to adjust course on programs / initiatives as required.
- Actively engage vendor(s) together with product and marketing team to design relevant and effective programs, initiatives, training and/or enablement requirements for partners.
- Be the focus point for resellers. Carry out monthly planning sessions– deciding on new appointed resellers, meetings and alignment of vendors’ strategy in marketing activities and campaigns.
- Key driver in ensuring quarterly vendor business review success with kpi deliverables met.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience and demonstrated success in the managerial capacity in IT Industry
- Strong preference in a sales and/or Business Development role
- Possessing marketing and program experience will be an advantage
- Working experience in a distribution under Channel Management role