Junos Enterprise Switching is a two-day course that provides students with introductory switching knowledge and configuration examples. This course includes an overview of switching concepts and operations, virtual LANs (VLANs), the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), port and device security features, and high availability (HA) features. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and in monitoring device operations.
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring EX Series switches.
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) and the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) courses prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- List the benefits of implementing switched LANs.
- Describe transparent bridging concepts and operations.
- Describe terms and design considerations for switched LANs.
- List enterprise platforms that support Layer 2 switching.
- Configure interfaces for Layer 2 switching operations.
- Display and interpret the Ethernet switching table.
- Explain the concept of a VLAN.
- Describe access and trunk port modes.
- Configure and monitor VLANs.
- Describe voice VLAN and native VLAN concepts.
- Explain inter-VLAN routing operations.
- Configure and monitor inter-VLAN routing.
- Explain when a spanning tree is required.
- Describe STP and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) operations.
- List some advantages of using RSTP over STP.
- Configure and monitor RSTP.
- Describe the bridge protocol data unit (BPDU), Loop, and Root protection features.
- Configure and monitor the BPDU, Loop, and Root protection features.
- List and describe various port security features.
- Configure and monitor port security features.
- Describe the storm control feature.
- Configure and monitor storm control.
- Describe firewall filter support for EX Series Ethernet Switches.
- Implement and monitor the effects of a firewall filter.
- Describe the basic concepts and operational details of a virtual chassis.
- Implement a virtual chassis with multiple EX4200 switches.
- List and describe some features that promote high availability.
- Configure and monitor high availability features.
Deze training word op meerdere dagen gegeven. Bekijk hier het overzicht van alle Juniper trainingen.
Heeft u vragen over deze Juniper Networks training of andere trainingen? Neem dan contact op met firstname.lastname@example.org of bel +31 (0)499462121