Navigating hybrid universes
To tame complexity of hybrid and multi-cloud IT operations, new technologies aim to seamlessly translocate applications and data when business needs shift.
FLOW: Micro segmentation is mega secure
FRAME: All you need to run software is a browser
BEAM: Automated decisions save the most cost
What is Hyperconverged infrastructure?
Hyperconverged infrastructure combines servers and storage into a distributed infrastructure platform with intelligent software to create flexible building blocks that replace legacy infrastructure consisting of separate servers, storage networks, and storage arrays.
What problem is the solution solving?
In the era of hybrid cloud, traditional 3-tier infrastructure can no longer keep up with IT needs. It’s complex, unwieldy, doesn’t provide a firm foundation for DevOps, and can’t scale with the magnitude it used to. Instead, HCI is the infrastructure of choice for companies that want to stay competitive and ensure their datacentres are Cloud ready.
Key product features
• HCI converges the entire datacentre stack, including compute, storage, storage networking, and virtualization.
• Complex and expensive legacy infrastructure is replaced by a distributed platform running on industry-standard commodity servers that enables enterprises to size their workloads precisely and to scale flexibly as needed.
• Each server, also known as a node, includes x86 processors with SSDs and HDDs.
• Software running on each node distributes all operating functions across the cluster for superior performance and resilience.
• Hardware platform configurations are available to fit any workload by independently scaling the various resources (CPU, RAM, and Storage) and can be provisioned with or without GPU for graphics acceleration.
• Turnkey Infrastructure – Integrated server, storage, networking, and virtualization resources along with end-to-end systems management and operations management capabilities.
• Fast Deployment – Deploy infrastructure in minutes, so IT teams can elevate their focus to the applications and services powering the business.
• 100% Software-Driven – Supports a wide variety of different hardware platforms – including three of the four most popular server platforms in the world.
• Freedom of Choice – Use built-in virtualization or bring your preferred hypervisor and deploy on a wide selection of server vendors or buy a pre-integrated appliance from an OEM.
• Superior Performance and Resilience – Nutanix hyperconverged software running on each node distributes all operating functions across the cluster.
• Unprecedented Flexibility – A single cluster can have unlimited nodes, with node types having differing amounts of storage, CPU, and memory resources, so you can run multiple workloads with maximum efficiency.
Nutanix Flow delivers advanced network security, providing visibility into the virtual network, application-centric protection from network threats, malware, and ransomware and security and compliance monitoring.
Flow allows organisations to deploy software-defined virtual network security without the complexity of installing and managing additional products that have separate management and independent software maintenance requirements.
Fully integrated into the Nutanix private cloud solution and Nutanix AHV virtualisation, Nutanix Flow differs from traditional perimeter firewalls by allowing network policy to be attached to VMs and applications, rather than specific network segments (e.g., VLANS) or identifiers (IP addresses). Through centralised management from Prism, policies are auto-updated throughout the VM lifecycle, removing the burdens of change management.
Frame is the only global, infrastructure-independent platform that allows you to easily roll out apps and desktops. Nutanix Xi Frame is a cloud-hosted Desktop-as-a-service (DaaS) that empowers any organization to deliver and manage their desktops via a single console for seamless control and administration, providing a true hybrid experience.
Beam provides multi-cloud governance including security compliance and cost optimization to help organizations gain visibility, optimization and control over their cloud deployments. Beam enables cloud operations teams to multi-cloud with freedom.
Nutanix and Palo Alto Networks work together to enable organisations to segment, manage and secure VMs and data flow across a hybrid cloud environment, reducing the security threat both at the perimeter and within the internal network.
Fortinet and Nutanix form a software-defined solution with secure, scalable, hyperconverged infrastructure for virtualiSed applications.
Gigamon provides in-depth visibility of Nutanix hyperconverged private cloud environments and directs traffic to the right monitoring and security tools to accelerate troubleshooting, reducing risk and increase productivity.
Infoblox lets organSolisations eliminate friction in deployments by automating key provisioning processes and helping drive projects to completion – adding new levels of automation for the core IP network services: DNS, DHCP and IP address management.
Rubrik Cloud Data Management delivers data protection, search, analytics, compliance, and copy data management for organisations built on Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform, increasing visibility, access and the security of data.
Nutanix and Arista have partnered to deliver a more agile, dynamic and cloud-like networking experience that enables greater automation, faster scalability, improves securityand simplifies management.
A purpose-built and integrated solution for data backup, restore, and long-term retention across a Nutanix hybrid cloud environment. Eliminates the cost and overheads of standalone data protection systems while providing visibility and actionable insights across your primary and backup environments.
HashiCorp Terraform enables physical infrastructure to be expressed as code, creating a digital blueprint that can be used to quickly and easily replicate existing environments onto new cloud platforms, manage version/ policy updates and provide disaster recovery (DR).
Learn more about Nutanix’s vendor alliance solutions