You can have all the right security solutions in place for your organization, but what it often comes down to is the people and systems inside your organization. This is where Network Security comes it and Extreme offers a few essential tools that form the foundation of such a network security.
“[Fabric technology] allows IT Teams to virtualize the network in a way that forces those who would compromise a network to work blind while trying to operate.”
ExtremeCloud IQ CoPilot
These tools use the data resident in your network to improve your security over time, scan for threats and even provide decision support around what to do to address the issues – as it’s happening.
This tool includes:
- Anomaly Detection: over time, the tool detects what is normal behavior and will give an alert when some action is different from this standard.
- Remote Management: this way you can react wherever and whenever through the cloud.
- Explainable ML: Extreme knows it’s not always easy to know exactly how to tackle an anomaly so the tool offers its own recommendation for the next steps.
This is all system based, but as we said, security also comes down to the people inside your organization. Therefore, education around this topic is very important. Be sure to inform your employees to:
- Enable Multi-Factor Authentication
- Use strong passwords
- Recognize and report phishing
- Update software