To effectively combat ATO attacks, it is important to understand the methods used by cybercriminals. Here’s an overview of some of the common techniques used in account takeovers:
- Credential stuffing: attackers use automated bots to test stolen username and password combinations across multiple websites, taking advantage of ours’ propensity to reuse credentials.
- Brute force attacks: cybercriminals use bots to systematically test different password combinations until they gain access to an account.
- Phishing: Fraudsters trick users into revealing their credentials through misleading emails, text messages, or phone calls.
- Man-in-the-Middle (MitM) attacks: Hackers intercept and manipulate Internet traffic, allowing them to gain access to unencrypted credentials.
SentinelOne knows all the issues and delivers a comprehensive solution with Singularity XDR
SentinelOne knows ATO like probably no other IT security service provider. With Singularity XDR, SentinelOne offers an all-around robust, comprehensive solution that protects enterprises from account takeover attacks in particular. By extending coverage to all access points – from endpoints and users to cloud workloads and other devices – Singularity XDR provides unprecedented visibility and security. Here, at a glance, are the key benefits and features of SentinelOne Singularity XDR:
- Securing endpoints with advanced machine learning algorithms that detect and block malicious activity in real time, including attempts to compromise user accounts.
- Analyze user behavior to detect potential account takeover attempts and take immediate action to prevent unauthorized access.
- Cloud workload security with automated CWPP enforcement, real-time monitoring, and threat detection to ensure a secure environment for user accounts and sensitive data.
- Integration with existing security infrastructure: SentinelOne Singularity XDR integrates seamlessly with existing systems and virtually automatically improves the overall protection of the enterprise.
Contact us for SentinelOne solutions to protect your customers from ATO attacks. The latest SentinelOne guide can be found here.