Palo Alto Networks believes one solution offers greater simplicity, flexibility and visibility than many dispersed products to protect hybrid workforces.
SASE is a revolutionary approach that delivers networking and network security services as a unified, cloud-delivered solution. It represents an opportunity to unlock enormous value by optimising existing infrastructure, removing legacy hardware, improving organisational efficiency, and ultimately generating significant financial savings.
The benefits of SASE are well-documented. Improved application performance and reliability, consistent security, better visibility and control of users, data, and apps… the list goes on and on.
As organisations pursue digital transformation initiatives to drive innovation, many are being held back by legacy architectures that were built for a different time. Hub-and-spoke architectures with disparate network and security stacks don’t scale for hybrid work and cloud. Inconsistent policies and capabilities, depending on a user’s physical location, create inherent gaps in security. Finally, the backhauling of traffic to a data centre for policy enforcement and inspection impacts the user experience.
“By 2025, 80% of enterprises will have adopted a strategy to unify web, cloud services and private application access using a SASE/SSE architecture, up from 20% in 2021.”
SASE is the convergence of software-defined wide area networking or SD-WAN, and network security services like CASB, FWaaS and Zero Trust, into a single, cloud-delivered service model.
“SASE capabilities are delivered as a service based upon the identity of the entity, real-time context, enterprise security/compliance policies and continuous assessment of risk/trust throughout the sessions. Identities of entities can be associated with people, groups of people (branch offices), devices, applications, services, IoT systems or edge computing locations.”
The SASE security model can help organisations
in the following ways:
- Flexibility: With a cloud-based infrastructure, you can implement and deliver security services such as threat prevention, web filtering, sandboxing, DNS security, credential theft prevention, data loss prevention and next-generation firewall policies.
- Cost savings: Instead of buying and managing multiple-point products, utilising a single platform will dramatically reduce your costs and IT resources.
- Reduced complexity: You can simplify your IT infrastructure by minimising the number of security products your IT team has to manage, update and maintain, consolidating your security stack into a cloud-based network security service model.
- Increased performance: With a cloud infrastructure, you can easily connect to wherever resources are located. Access to apps, the internet and corporate data is available globally.
- Zero Trust: A Zero Trust approach to the cloud removes trust assumptions when users, devices and applications connect. A SASE solution will provide complete session protection, regardless of whether a user is on or off the corporate network.
- Threat prevention: With full content inspection integrated into a SASE solution, you benefit from more security and visibility into your network.
- Data protection: Implementing data protection policies within a SASE framework helps prevent unauthorised access and abuse of sensitive data.
Palo Alto Networks Prisma SASE is the industry’s most complete SASE solution, converging security, SD-WAN, and Autonomous Digital Experience Management into a single cloud-delivered service. Only Prisma SASE uniquely provides:
- Convergence without Compromise: Best-of-breed security and SD-WAN, natively integrated without trade-offs
- Complete, Best-in-class Security: Consistently secures all apps used by your hybrid workforce, regardless of location
- Exceptional User Experience: With integrated Autonomous Digital Experience Management, backed by industry-leading SLAs
Palo Alto Networks developed Prisma SASE to help enterprises securely transform their networks and adapt to the new realities of cloud and hybrid work. Frost & Sullivan has selected Palo Alto Networks for its 2022 Frost & Sullivan Global Company of the Year Award in the secure access service edge (SASE) industry.
With Palo Alto Networks, the benefits of SASE really do include improved application performance and reliability, consistent security, better visibility and control of users, data, and apps.
With the SASE market exploding, organisations are often left overwhelmed with the number of products and vendors to choose from.
Think SASE. Think Prisma.
One solution that really can do it all.